1. Immerse Yourself in God’s WordThis is a great way to ignite the power of the Holy Spirit within you. By reading, studying, and memorizing it, we fill ourselves with knowledge. It’s so much easier to deal with struggles or any situation that arises when the word of God is freshly stamped on our minds.
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
2. Pray for Your Marriage and Pray Hard!Pray that God will work constantly in your marriage. Ask God to guide you and your spouse in the path He wants you to take. Ask Him to fill your marriage with a loving, respectful, understanding, and forgiving spirit. No matter what you or your spouse’s needs are, just give them over to God and trust in Him to keep the foundation of your marriage strong.
1 Thessalonians 5.17
pray without ceasing,
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. nstanblt4
3. Do Not Withhold SexWhen kept pure within marriage between a husband and wife, sex is meant to glorify God. So, make love with your spouse and do it often! It’s a wonderful way to build the intimacy and comfort in your marriage. When we deprive are spouse of sex, we are acting out in a selfish manner and sinning against God. (This statement is in no way validating rape, domestic violence, or sexual abuse. Please note that this is meant for sex in the pure and healthy form only. )
1 Corinthians 7:2-5
But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
4. Hold Yourself Accountable When Dealing with Lust & TemptationWrap yourself in God’s Armor and always be aware of your actions and thoughts. Unfaithfulness is the result of making many bad decisions caused by temptation that has overcome you. And it’s not just physical, but emotional unfaithfulness that can attack your marriage too. Remember that sin is a choice and the enemy is waiting for any opportunity to attack. Stay clear from any inappropriate relationships, activities, or conversations with the opposite sex. Always rely on God to remain faithful to our marriage.
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes
2 Peter 3:14-15
So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
5. Seek God’s Approval and GuidanceIn most of today’s culture, if things don’t go smoothly in a marriage or are not what we expected, it’s okay to pack up and leave. It’s that fairy tale mindset where a relationship has to be perfect in order for it to be the real thing. This type of thinking is the worldly view of love and marriage. It’s very far from the truth of what real love is. Marriage is hard work and takes lots of sacrifice. So, don’t listen to or give in to the notion that it’s okay to give up and walk away. Dismiss the ways of the world and only seek after what is true and right in God’s eyes.
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.