November 23, 2014

Fertility ~ Trusting In God's Timing


Fertility ~ Trusting In God's Timing
  Many obstacles and challenges in life seem to teach us that no matter how hard we try, we are not in control. Our little bundle of joy is not only a blessing, but a lesson for both of us. When we got married in 2013, we wanted to bring a child into the world as soon as possible. And we just assumed that it would happen very fast, but God had other plans.

  In the beginning, it was exciting and so much fun. I was full of faith and I was nothing short of confident. Anything and everything that I could think of, I tried. I downloaded all the top apps on my phone to calculate my best ovulation days. I bought all the recommended all natural fertility boosters. I read countless books and searched the web on different techniques. The green flag was waving and I was racing towards success.

  Unfortunately, all that enthusiasm started fading after months passed by with no results. My heart would literally sink down in my chest when I’d see a pregnant lady or even someone with a child. One day in church, I even had to walk out a service because I became so upset when they were doing a baby dedication. I just felt like a failure of a woman and wife. Why couldn’t I get pregnant?

  These feelings went on for what seemed like forever to me. The stress even started to take a toll on my marriage. My husband and I both wondered if God was punishing us for our past mistakes and sins. Was it because we weren’t good enough in His eyes? Why was this happening to us? We loved, fought, made-up, forgave, and repeated. Thankfully, we didn’t completely lose our minds in the process.

  One morning, after over a year of trying to conceive, that little negative line turned into a positive. God had answered our prayers right when we were about to give up. I cried, rejoiced, and was beyond thankful. After all of we had endured, it became extremely obvious that we were on God's timing, not our own. It was such a moment of clarity and peace.

  Our journey to become pregnant wasn’t at all what we expected it to be. Yet, even in our darkest moments of despair, God remained faithful and true. Through it all, He was molding us into better servants and continuing to build our trust in Him. So, if you have just started trying to conceive or you have been trying for some time now, know that nothing is ever impossible with God. Call out to Him and trust in His everlasting love.

Scripture References:


Genesis 18:14
Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son."


Ecclesiastes 3:1
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.

Jeremiah 32:17
"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

Jeremiah 32:27
"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

1 Samuel 1:27
For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him.