December 22, 2014

Bible Verses for Preparing and Giving Birth


Bible Verses for Preparing and Giving Birth
Image provided by:freedigitalphotos.net
Graphics by:Karisa Shaffer

The hospital bags are packed, the nursery is finished, diapers are stocked up, and we are getting more excited as the due date approaches. I searched on Pinterest for scriptures to read for my labor, but didn't find anything that I connected with. So, I decided to put together my own collection for my husband and I to read at the hospital. I've also attached a link to a printable version for everyone. Feel free to leave a comment with any other verses you think would be a good fit. 


Psalms 127:3
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

2 Timothy 1:7
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

2 Corinthians 12:9 
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

1 Peter 5:7
cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

1 Samuel 1:27
For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Philippians 4:6-7
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

John 16:21
When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Psalms 139:14
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.





You may also like to read:


http://greatesttreasure.blogspot.com/2014/11/fertility-trusting-in-gods-timing.html

Top Tips To Lose Weight After Baby

Your beautiful bundle of joy is here, but where did that hot body of yours go? Check out these top tips to lose weight and get in shape after baby... read more