February 18, 2015

Bible Verses That Will Encourage You During Pain And Suffering


Don't be not be shaken! Check out these uplifting Bible verses when you are dealing with pain, hurt, or suffering.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Psalm 62:6
He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

Isaiah 41:10
fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 Peter 4:12-13
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

Romans 5:3-4

Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 

John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”



James 1:2-4
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Romans 8:18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 11:35
Jesus wept.

Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

1 Peter 1:6-7
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.



Lamentations 3:22
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;

James 1:12
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

1 Peter 5:10
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.




You may also like to read:

Helpful Bible Verses for Panic Attacks and Anxiety

Helpful Bible Verses for Panic Attacks and Anxiety

This is a list of helpful bible verses for when you are in need of biblical counseling for your anxiety and panic attacks....click here



A Cry Out To God -  My personal battle with depression and how I overcame it all.

A Cry Out To God 

There's a history of depressive illness in my family, so I was predisposed to have it from birth. Mix that with the environmental factors in my life and BAM! I have what I like to call, "The Double Whammy." Yes, it's a recipe for heartache, pain, and despair. I started having panic attacks, anxiety, and spells of sadness at an early age...read more



Lord, You Want Me To Do What?

Lord, You Want Me To Do What?

This is the story of how I forgave the man that molested me. After over 20 years of housing the spirit of bitterness, hate, resentment, pain, anxiety, and depression, I truly forgave this sex offender. ...read more



Bible Verses for When You Need Comfort

Bible Verses for When You Need Comfort

No matter what may be causing your suffering, sadness, pain, loneliness, grief, etc.... God knows and wants to comfort you! Just call on him...read more