September 22, 2015

Simple Ways To Keep Your Sanity As A Stay-At-Home Mom



1. Spend Time With God (Prayer & Thanksgiving)
No matter if you're a stay-at-home mom or not, prayer & giving thanks daily is essential to staying connected to our Heavenly Father. When prayers go up, typically stress levels goes down.

2. Coffee Please
Before having a baby, you would never have seen me with cup of joe. With all the lack of sleep, it makes a big difference keeping me up and at'em!

3. Play Some Tunes
Listening to worship/Christian music throughout the day is something that brings me such peace of mind. It can be the radio, a playlist, or even an awesome Pandora station. As long as that music and praise is flowing in the air, I tend to stay more at ease.

4. Get Out Of The House - Just Go!
Going for little drive or to town to do some window shopping is like a vacation for me. It's amazing how an hour or two away from our home renews me. You don't need money to walk around in a place like Walmart or Hobby Lobby. (The best part is that my little girl loves looking at all the people and things too.)


5. Shake Your Groove Thing
Okay, you don't necessarily have to break out into a disco dance, but some form of movement is key. Even if it's for a short distance walking with the stroller, it will do the trick. Studies have shown that exercise releases endorphins which can trigger a positive feeling in your body.


6. Nap Time Can Be Yours
All I heard when I first had our daughter was to sleep when she sleeps. I finally caved in to the advice a month ago and now try to take at least one nap with my baby girl everyday. And how beautiful it is to have a snooze and take a break! If at all possible, forget the housework for an hour and go to dreamland with your little one.

7. Socialize
Have a friend or relative come over to visit for a while or slap on the speaker phone and chat up a storm with someone. Having some form of communication with another adult with do wonders for your day. And let's fave it, we woman love to talk!

(Image provided by: freedigitalphotos.net)

I'd love to hear any other ideas, please feel free to leave a comment below.



Scriptures For You:

John 16:33 (ESV)
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

John 14:27 (ESV)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Romans 15:13 (ESV)
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV)
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”



Philippians 4:6-7 (ESV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Psalm 55:22 (ESV)
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Romans 16:20 (ESV)
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 23:1-6 (ESV)
A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Psalm 118:1-29 (ESV)
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! Let Israel say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Let the house of Aaron say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Let those who fear the Lord say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. ...

Psalm 46:10 (ESV)
“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

John 14:1-31 (ESV)
“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”