October 25, 2016

Are You Letting God Unleash His Mighty Power In Your Life?


Are You Letting God Unleash His Mighty Power In Your Life?
Revelation 4:11(NIV)
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power,for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
We serve a limitless God who is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-capable. We can never out-ask God's ability. He wants to bless all of His children in ways above and beyond our wildest imaginations. Did you know that God is glorified when we seek Him? 
2 Chronicles 7:14-15 (NIV)
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 

So, what if you keep praying and don't get an answer? Never give up. Don’t stop praying. Jesus encouraged us to be persistent and bold in prayer. 
Luke 11:5-10 (NIV)
Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
With all that said, God All Mighty is not a genie in a bottle. There may be times that you feel God is not listening or answering you. It is important to realize that He promises that all of our request will be met that are aligned to His will. He knows what is best for us and we have to trust in Him. 

Remember, even He without sin did not get everything He asked for. That's right! Before Jesus was arrested, He prayed alone in the Garden of Gethsemane asking God to remove the cup of suffering. In this, Jesus modeled for us to pour out our hearts without any hesitation and to accept the will of our Heavenly Father. 
Matthew 26:3 (NKJV)
He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
Matthew 26:42 (NKJV)
Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.”
Mark 14:36 (NKJV)
And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.”
Luke 22:41-42 (NKJV) 
And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”

The King of all kings is waiting to hear from you. 
Psalm 103:2-3 (NIV)
Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits — who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
Matthew 9:28-30 (NIV)
When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”
“Yes, Lord,” they replied.Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.”
Matthew 7:7-8 (NIV)
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Psalm 34:4 (NIV)
I sought the LORD, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 37:4 (NIV)
Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Isaiah 30:19 (NIV)
O people in Zion, inhabitant in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you.
Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

Matthew 18:19 (NIV)
Again, I tell you truly that if two of you on the earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven.
Matthew 21:22 (NIV)
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask in prayer."
Mark 11:24 (NIV)
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
John 14:13 (NIV)
And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

(Image used for post provided by: freedigitalphotos.net